Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Business Development Manager, Remark
, Hong Kong
Remark, the events and publishing division of The Mergermarket Group is seeking an experienced BDM Manager to join the growing and highly successful Hong Kong bespoke Events and Publications sales team.
The role is an exciting and varied mix of report and event sponsorship sales which will involve travel throughout the Asia-Pacific region, with an emphasis on China. Based in the Hong Kong office and reporting to the Asia-Pacific Publisher, the successful candidate will be expected to sell across a range of business development solutions including sponsorship of thought leadership reports, panel discussions, flagship forums, industry awards and digital broadcasts.
Remark’s portfolio of events and publications cover a broad range of topics on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, distressed debt and leveraged finance, as well as a growing number of sector specific financial conferences in technology, energy, mining, oil and gas and real estate. Knowledge of/ experience in these areas is a significant advantage.
The role requires advanced skills in new business sales combined with an impeccable track record in account management. The candidate will be required to identify opportunities and potential new sponsors as well as selling to and managing a couple of select existing clients across the financial and advisory communities.
Entering the role with prior contacts and experience in the financial sector is a distinct benefit.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- 5 years sales experience, preferably selling to financial and professional services firms
- Language needed (mandarin)
- Highly driven, self–motivated and entrepreneurial with a “hunter” sales mentality
- Strong sales and marketing acumen
- Excellent presentational and negotiating skills
- Strong client management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of M&A and the wider financial markets
- Well organized
- Strong aptitude to construct sponsorship packages and write proposals in Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player with strong collegial demeanor
- Tenacity and resolve to see a deal through to successful delivery of each event.
- Educated to degree level or above
Interested parties please contact by email with your CV and salary expectations: email@example.com
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.