Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Chief Product Officer
Credit Rubric, a part of Mergermarket Group, is a comprehensive data and analysis tool for European high yield bonds. We aim to make information easier to find, and comparative analysis simpler and faster to complete; all in a single platform designed for the workflow of market professionals.
We are currently recruiting a Chief Product Officer (CPO) to drive the development of a new Fixed Income information service, working closely with the commercial founders as an integral part of a single project team. The proposed service combines a number of Fixed Income data sets and some familiarity with capital markets or debt securities will be an advantage. The service will combine a financial database with dynamic market information.
The role will involve planning the development of the new service as a partner with the commercial team, with primary responsibility for interpreting the vision for the product into a prioritised development plan, whilst ensuring the functionality and analytical capabilities are delivered to serve end user’s needs.
The CPO will manage an offshore development team (based in Poland) responsible for the delivery for the new product, but will have the support of the technology teams within Mergermarket Group to ensure the new service is integrated with the Group’s existing fixed income products. Mergermarket Group will provide institutional support and an Agile Development platform based on a micro service architecture (typically Node.js) deployed through Docker and Jenkins onto AWS ECS.
The role is part way between a start-up CTO and Product Owner role within Mergermarket group, and would be suitable for someone attracted by a defined project and product goal, looking to take additional responsibility and incentivised by long term equity option upside.
- Work with the commercial founders to interpret the product vision into a set of deliverable milestones with an initial focus on MVP and time to market
- Prepare a product development project plan (both for collection of data from original sources and the user interface of the new product) with discrete and separate work-streams that meets the desired scope and functionality of the new service
- Manage an offshore development team comprising of a Technical Lead and Software Developers to deliver the new service. You will be the day to day point person for that team to ensure they deliver to the product vision.
- Work with the development team to ensure the solutions and technical approach enables the service to be delivered on time whilst meeting key requirements of stability and data integrity.
- Challenge the commercial team when required to ensure goals are deliverable, with a view towards speed to market.Work as part of the wider Mergermarket Group technology team.
- Entrepreneurial, commercial, team player
- Previous experience of extracting a product vision from non-technical subject matter experts, ideally from the financial domain, and translating that into a series of deliverable milestones/goals and ultimately to discrete technical tasks (stories) is essential.
- Experience of managing or working with an off-shore development team.
- Preference for familiarity with capital markets
This role offers a competitive salary. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and cover letter quoting ‘Chief Product Officer 2017’ to email@example.com.
The posting date of this position is 7th April 2017 and the closing date for this position is 6th May 2017. The location of the role is London.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees