Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Credit Analyst – Distressed & Restructuring
An opportunity has arisen to join Debtwire, a proprietary intelligence, research and data platform for the global leveraged finance community. Our mission is to provide timely and accurate credit information on high yield and leveraged companies worldwide.
Our teams of financial services professionals are based in offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai, and are growing fast. We are now seeking new individuals for our London office.
Position and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a credit analyst based in London whose main responsibility will be to publish research reports on stressed and distressed companies.
The individual will conduct fundamental credit analysis on companies across the EMEA region including developed and developing markets. The candidate will be expected to conduct financial modelling, multiple and ratio analysis, historical analysis and forecast of quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements. The role entails working mainly on levered corporate entities across CEEMEA and the EMEA high yield and leveraged loan markets more broadly. In time the successful candidate will be expected to become industry specialised.
- Exceptional fundamental credit analysis and financial modelling skills gain from prior experience of corporate credit analysis
- Knowledge of restructuring regimes and strategies across the EMEA region
- Experience of evaluating distressed / special situations
- Experience of financial services credit analysis would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must as is the ability to work with people at all levels
- Highly-developed sense of teamwork and cooperation
- Be ambitious, motivated, entrepreneurial, and have the desire to succeed
- Ability to manage workflow under strict deadlines
- CFA or currently studying towards a CFA designation (or equivalent) is an advantage
- Relevant language skills are highly desirable
- Strong academic record or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this position, please apply here. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.