Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
The Mergermarket Group’s products and services provide the global advisory, corporate and financial communities with forward –looking intelligence, analysis and data.
Founded in 2000, we’ve expanded rapidly and now have over 1,000 staff in 65 locations around the world with our regional head office being located in London, New York and Hong Kong. Our over 500 strong team of specialist journalists and analysts produce proprietary intelligence and in-depth analysis that enables our subscribers to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues and keep several steps ahead of the competition via the Debtwire, Xtract, Creditflux, Mergermarket, Dealeporter, PaRR, Inframation Wealthmonitor, Unquote, C6, Capital Profile and Perfect Information on-line platforms.
Our subscribers are amongst the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates.
Our Fixed Income Group includes the Debtwire and Xtract products. Debtwire publishes real-time news and data for financial professionals in fixed income markets across the world. Debtwire was launched in 2003 by the Mergermarket Group and has quickly become a leading publisher of news and information on the distressed debt and high yield/leveraged finance markets. Xtract Research is a leading global provider of covenant analysis for high-yield and convertible bonds, as well as syndicated bank loans.
The Mergermarket Group is an equal opportunities employer.
As a Fixed Income CRM Consultant based in our London office, the candidate will be responsible for the client management and training of a portfolio of customers across the UK to ensure the renewal of that account and to drive the maximum level of profitable growth.
The role also provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to develop their client management skills and gain an insight into the world of hedge funds, trading floors and the bond markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing an existing subscriber base whilst ensuring these customers renew their subscriptions
- Developing and cultivating relationships at the highest levels within these accounts
- Identifying and delivering increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- Engaging with the customer at all levels and functions in order to plan and execute a strategy that will ensure the renewal
- Providing training and guidance to the subscriber base, through one-on-one meetings, large scale presentations and proactive telephone calls
- Travelling to regional bases of customers
- Liaising with customers on the Debtwire helpdesk providing assistance on any issues related to the service and the database, deals covered and research – management of subscriber requests in a timely manner
- Elaboration, with the Marketing and Editorial teams, of documents for subscribers covering market analysis and the best journalistic opportunities
- Consistently provides, collate and communicate customer feedback regarding Product Development, Editorial topics etc to the business through regular trip reports
A strong candidate will have excellent communication skills (fluent English a must and one other European language preferred), be self-motivated, driven and enjoy an environment in which autonomy and an enthusiastic attitude is a must.
An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Be commercially driven
- Outgoing personality
- An interest and/or experience in fixed income and ABS markets and hedge funds / trading floors
- Previous account management and/or group presentation experience preferred
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills
- Fluency in written/spoken English is essential and one other European language preferred
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this position, please apply here. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.