Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Data Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst – Japanese speaking
Mergermarket, Hong Kong
Mergermarket’s research division is looking to hire a full time analyst with strong language skills to be based in Hong Kong.
Mergermarket is a global provider of in-depth analysis and forward-looking information on corporate strategy and M&A activity for investment banks, private equity firms, advisors and corporate clients.
The position offers unique opportunities to get full exposure to M&A markets and to familiarize on Equity Capital Market activities in overall Asia. The role will primarily involve researching, evaluating and pricing mergers and acquisitions as well as producing in-depth sector and country reports.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing desktop research on real-time M&A transactions
- Interpreting financial data and other financial information in relation to M&A transactions
- Contributing to and producing reports and data for publications based on this research using specialised knowledge of the M&A arena and the financial markets;
- Quality checking the historical database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data and analysis
- Analyzing specific transactions to determine whether or not they meet the database inclusion criteria
- Cleaning and updating the database to ensure that deal records, company records and individual profiles are accurate and comprehensive
- Tracking and updating a specific universe of private equity firms in terms of their activity.
Following qualifications are expected for an ideal candidate:
- Fluency, including knowledge of business terminology, in English and Japanese a plus;
- A Business, Finance, Economics degree or equivalent preferred but not essential;
- Detail-oriented, diligent and with a genuine interest in M&A/Corporate Finance
- Understanding of financial statements;
- Good computer skills (especially Excel);
- Highly numerate;
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter quoting reference “MMResAnalyst29” to email@example.com. Your covering letter should outline your interest in the role and why you feel you are suited to it.
Candidate with more knowledge about M&A and transaction database will be considered as a senior role.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.