Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Mergermarket Group, Hong Kong
Mergermarket has a team of reporters specializing in M&A, corporate finance, and private equity, and we are looking for a new member to join us.
You should be driven to write both scoops and analyses on companies ranging from promising start-ups to large conglomerates, and persistent in identifying story ideas and contacting relevant sources.
You will be expected to build a solid network of contacts with senior industry professionals – corporate executives, banks, investors and advisors – and to attend relevant events where you will be the “face” of Mergermarket.
We provide concerted training to our reporters, allowing them to make a mark in a dynamic, specialized market.
Based in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will be part of the team to cover M&A across the region. Pay and benefits are commensurate to experience. Junior and mid-senior reporters with 2 to 5 years reporting experience are invited to apply. Candidates with strong finance background will be preferred.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Previous journalism and financial reporting experience
- Excellent and clear writing/reporting/presentation skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Experience in the region, especially Hong Kong is strongly preferred
- Strong interests in following investigative stories
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Fluent in Cantonese and English. Mandarin is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter with expected salary to the attention of Ka Chun Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.