Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
German – Speaking Researcher
The Mergermarket Group’s products and services provide the global advisory and corporate communities with intelligence and analysis, leading to real revenues for subscribers. With regional head offices in London, New York and Hong Kong and over 400 journalists in 65 locations worldwide, reliable and validated proprietary intelligence and historical data is provided via the Mergermarket, Wealthmonitor, DealReporter, Debtwire and Pharmawire on-line platforms. Our subscribers are amongst the world’s leading legal & advisory firms, investment banks, private banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund managers, and corporate firms.
We are looking for a 12 month fixed contract maternity cover to be based in London. As an entry level researcher for Wealthmonitor based in the London office, the candidate will be responsible for researching individuals benefitting from liquidity events across Western Europe.
Key research responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analysing German market content on liquidity events.
• Carrying out desk based research and inputting data in our proprietary database.
• Finding information sources and liaising with information providers.
• Communicate and work closely within our international team and with other departments (particularly Editorial, CRM and Sales) to help grow the Wealthmonitor product.
An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven, and enjoy a team player environment in which an enthusiastic attitude is a must. The candidate should have the following attributes:
• German language skills
• Knowledge of research methodologies
• Strong computer skills, particularly using the internet as a research tool
• Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to work methodically and being receptive to feedback are essential
• Good organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural team
If you are interested in this position, please apply here. Please ensure your CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability are attached.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.