Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Japan Account Manager (Hong Kong based)
InframationGroup, Hong Kong
The Inframation Group (IG) was established in 2002 and acquired in 2012 by The Mergermarket Group, the global financial intelligence and data provider. The Inframation Group is dedicated to the global infrastructure finance market, covering both greenfield and brownfield transactions. We provide real-time news, actionable market intelligence, research and data that enables individuals and companies working in infrastructure finance to gain a competitive business advantage. We are the leading provider of high value business information to the sector with over 900 corporate subscribers including many of the world’s leading developers, institutional investors, private equity funds, banks, developers, law firms, advisors and insurers.
The Inframation Group has five key subscription components to the business: InfraAsia, InfraNews, InfraAmericas, InfraLatinAmerica, and InfraDeals.
The Mergermarket Group has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai.
Job Qualifications / Attributes:
The candidate must be self-motivated, driven, and enjoy an environment in which an enthusiastic attitude is a must. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- An interest in the infrastructure industry
- Previous Business Development, Sales or Account Management experience
- Experience in an outside and/or inside sales role
- Experience working with and presenting to senior level executives
As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written Japanese and English communication skills.
As an Account Manager based in the Hong Kong office, the candidate will be responsible for helping the overall sales efforts in Asia, with a specific focus on the Japanese marketplace. The role will focus on: lead generation, prospecting, arranging and running demonstrations and meetings with key decision makers, and managing trials. Other aspects of the role will include negotiations, client management, client retention and renewals for the Inframation subscription product suite. The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the increasingly topical world of Infrastructure with a fast growing product.
Initial key responsibilities include:
- In depth lead generation to identify suitable targets across Japan
- Support for the Head of Sales, also based in Hong Kong on all aspects of the sales cycle for the Japanese market
- Selling the Inframation product suite to new clients on a consistent monthly basis by arranging meetings and demonstrations with new prospects
- Management of trials to deliver the value proposition
- Build IG’s brand and recognition in Asia
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects, trials and existing clients
- Managing an existing client base whilst ensuring these clients renew their subscriptions
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within client base and prospects
- Identify and deliver increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- Managing own territory and deliver agreed monthly revenue targets
- Travelling to territory (30%-40% travel required)
- Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific, IG
Good basic commensurate with experience, plus excellent commission structure.
Pension, life and health cover.
PLEASE ENCLOSE A BRIEF COVER LETTER WITH RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.