Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Mergermarket Group, New York, NY
The purpose of this role is to provide a dedicated infrastructure resource, working as part of our global Infrastructure team ensuring sound technical delivery of services to our global internal & external client user base. You will work with engineers and managers in different regions to plan, deploy and review IT projects. You will be part of the on-site US team supporting both our Global data center environments and local infrastructure. as well. Emergency tier 1 support & 3rd level support to the on-site helpdesk is also expected. Support for infrastructure will be shared with other onsite Infrastructure engineers so that there is always immediate coverage. SLA to be determined.
You will provide a mixture of preventative support, as well as integration activity around a virtualized Windows server environment, VMware, Storage Area Networks and Juniper switching and security appliances.
You will also be working in a fast paced environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure, and internal cloud based deliverables. You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert, and advocate, available to the heads of departments and fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical & troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands, solid communication skills, and a desire to tackle the complex problems that sometimes arise.
You will work alongside the Head of Infrastructure establishing relationships with all the local heads of departments. You will be expected to provide analytical services to each department with regards to the improvement of their current workflow leveraging the technology at our disposal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain & monitor all network, security and computer management systems, to meet current and future requirements.
- Jointly responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes.
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications.
- Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
- Perform infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure a productive environment.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract.
Competencies and Experience
- Solid technical background in a hosted\virtualized services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with workstation management systems and desktop imaging. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365 and other Microsoft Server Applications
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Working knowledge of AWS preferable
- Experience using automated monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Strong virtualization experience using VMware
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based and hosting environment
- Experience working with Storage Area Networks ideally Pure Storage
- Experience with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Experience working in a project and change management environment ensuring standards are met
- Strong oral and written communication skills, Tertiary degree in computer science or related areas an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Juniper products a definite plus
- VMware certification preferable, at least VCP
- Microsoft Certified in at least one desktop and one server discipline
Mergermarket Group is a media company that delivers actionable corporate financial news, intelligence and analysis from around the world that’s independent, insightful and indispensable. Our subscribers include advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates.
Founded in 2000, we’ve expanded rapidly and now have over 1,000 staff in 65 locations around the world. Our Technology & Product Development team build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to our clients around the globe every day.
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to our technology stack, offering you the opportunity to decide or influence on selecting the right tool for the job.
To apply for this role, use this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=okrZ4fwy&s=Company_Website