Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
M&A Research Analyst
Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector and provides proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy across the world. Part of the product consists of a historical database of global mergers & acquisitions (M&A) maintained on a daily basis by a team of analysts and deal researchers.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Research team in its maintenance tasks. The role will primarily involve researching and processing information as well as understanding the M&A environment. The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals wishing to gain an insight into the world of the Financial Services industry.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Interpreting public and private companies financial data and valuation in relation to the M&A market;
- Maintaining and expanding the historical M&A database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data and analysis;
- Gaining a good understanding of the Mergermarket criteria in order to analyse and determine whether or not specific transactions meet the database inclusion criteria;
- Contributing to and producing reports with commentaries and data for publications based on the Mergermarket database, using specialised knowledge of the M&A arena and the financial markets;
- Updating the database to ensure that deal records, company records and individual profiles are accurate and comprehensive;
- Develop effective relationships with the team and liaise with colleagues in order to understand the processes and systems in place.
- Fluency, including knowledge of business terminology, in English and a second European language (Spanish, German or any Nordic languages) ;
- A Business, Finance, Economics degree or equivalent experience would be ideal but not essential;
- Interest in M&A/Corporate Finance;
- Understanding of financial statements;
- Attention to details;
- Highly numerate;
- Good organisational skills;
- Able to work towards deadlines;
- Good computer skills (especially Excel);
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
- Ability to be flexible with holiday.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.