Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Marketing Associate – Fixed Income Group
Debtwire, New York, NY
The purpose of this role is to deliver marketing and communications activity in order to:
- Raise awareness of our fixed income solutions in the Americas
- Manage and execute the marketing plan for the fixed income subscriber base in the Americas
- Devise, organize and communicate up-sell and cross-sell opportunities between the fixed income solution suite and where appropriate other Mergermarket Group products.
- Work closely with sales and editorial to retain and lock down current subscribers through effective customer engagement, whilst at the same time build on these customer bases to grow them through targeted grey and whitespace marketing programs.
This role will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing end to end integrated marketing programs (including a combination of DM, EM, online, events; as well working closely with the PR department) to generate new business leads.
- Managing communications to current customers, including producing and developing communications, and identifying new innovative ways to communicate regularly with key segments.
- Creating and producing internal communications on competitor intelligence, product development and marketing activity to key stakeholders and conducting in-person briefings as appropriate.
- Providing ongoing reporting on program performance to the Fixed Income Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing Americas, senior management and the appropriate sales team.
- Writing and designing customer facing collateral, including websites, adverts, brochures, videos and bespoke campaign materials, to enable sales colleagues to close more business
- Updating content on the product microsites and finding new ways to get our message out online to particular regions and customer types
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing external suppliers to ensure delivery of collateral and budgets are maintained.
Events and partnerships:
- Researching, developing and delivering high-quality events for current subscribers and prospects, including participation in exhibitions, Remark conferences and corporate hospitality across the Americas; as agreed by the Head of Marketing America’s and the Fixed Income Marketing Manager.
- Instigating and implementing marketing relationships with relevant industry trade bodies and associations and leveraging off agreements in place with other MMG business units. Establish/ maintain good relationships, and to obtain relevant lists and pursue other beneficial contra deals for lead generation, such as website advertising.
- Liaise with relevant departments internally to ensure effective marketing of brand at events. Attend the events where necessary.
- Pursue other beneficial contra deals for lead generation, through channels such as website advertising.
- Working closely with the Fixed Income Marketing Manager and the Head of Marketing Americas as well as key product stakeholders to adapt the marketing plan and budget throughout the year based on market (including competitive forces), prospect and product changes.
- Enhancing brand recognition in our key markets and clearly communicate how the individual products fits within the larger MMG portfolio
- Working closely with the Fixed Income Marketing Manager and the Head of Marketing Americas to assist in identifying new product and brand opportunities, revenue streams and to assist with launching these successfully to market
- Supporting Fixed Income PR activities, including coming up with ideas for releases and securing customer involvement
- Regular monitoring and reporting of marketing spend against budget
- Develop deep product knowledge of the brands for which you are responsible, enabling you to:
- Understand the USPs of the brand in relation to key target audiences
- Write benefit-driven copy by segment
- Increase effectiveness and targeting of campaigns
- Make recommendations for product development
- Evaluating competitors in the market, their proposition, and developing USPs for our products to generate growth
This role does require the candidate to be a team player and demonstrate confidence working with Marketing and Sales colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous years’ experience in a marketing executive role
- Experience of working in a B2B marketing environment, ideally in an information provider or software organization
- Experience of creating and implementing DM campaigns, plus supporting PR, collateral production, event co-ordination and copywriting
- Must be able to demonstrate an eye for detail and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Marketing degree /professional qualification or equivalent
- Degree-educated specializing in Marketing, PR and/or international business
- Online marketing experience
- Competitor intelligence experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a “can-do” and innovative attitude
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Needs to enjoy completing as well as instigating projects
- Needs to enjoy working closely with Sales teams and Sales managers
- Needs to be well-organized and able to prioritize workload
- Needs to enjoy meeting new people and feel confident managing relationships with a wide network of colleagues, suppliers, customers and partners.
- Needs to be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Work within agreed budgets
- Work within agreed marketing plan to develop campaign ideas and events
- Manage own workload to make sure sales receive a good service and activity is delivered on time
To apply, use this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=otMG4fwJ&s=Company_Website