Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Marketing Executive (Events)
AVCJ, Hong Kong
The AVCJ Group is the publisher of the Asian Venture Capital Journal, the leading information and data provider for private equity and venture capital in Asia. AVCJ has hosted leading annual industry conferences in all the major financial centers including Sydney, Jakarta, Beijing, New York, Singapore, London, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Mumbai for over 28 years.
AVCJ is part of the Mergermarket Group, a financial media company whose products and services provide the advisory and corporate community with actionable intelligence and data.
We are hiring a marketing executive to join the events marketing team working on AVCJ’s highly regarded private equity and venture capital conferences that take place annually across Asia and the US.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for creating and deploying events marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will have an understanding of various online and offline marketing initiatives, and any previous digital marketing experience is a bonus. The role’s focus is to drive delegate attendance, meet event delegate revenue targets, source lead generation and meet ROI objectives. The candidate will be able to work well under pressure and have good attention to detail. The individual will also work closely with the publisher, production, sales, operations and internal support teams for each event and will be required to contribute new marketing initiatives alongside the events marketing team and implement best practice in campaign planning, execution and analysis.
- Marketing campaign creation for own events, with proactive management and timely execution of tasks
- Website content and creative management
- Email marketing campaign deployment using in-house broadcast platform
- Social media campaign management for own events using AVCJ portfolio of social media platforms
- Compilation of marketing literature including brochures, flyers, printed adverts etc.
- Budgetary responsibility for marketing spend
- Management (including identification) of partnerships with media and supporting organisations
- Data segmentation for online and offline marketing campaigns, alongside extensive mining and data research for list building purposes
- Consistent ROI tracking and analysis of marketing campaigns for measurement of marketing effectiveness
- Implementation and practice of SEO, marketing automation, mobile optimisation and paid vs. organic digital marketing initiatives, across online event content
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven time management and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise projects
- Fluency in English, written/spoken Cantonese and Mandarin is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills both dealing with external and internal contacts
- Good written and verbal skills with the ability to analyse marketing results
- Ability to learn new systems and processes as new technology becomes available
- Be able to work independently
- Be happy to communicate with colleagues and customers face-to-face, by email and by telephone and project a professional image in all cases
- Passion for digital marketing and marketing innovation
At least 2 years’ marketing experience is required. We will also consider exceptional candidates with different skills.
Interested parties please send the applications (including expected salary) to Jonathon.Cohen@avcj.com.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within two weeks from the posting date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.