Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
InfraAsia is an unrivalled news platform for global infrastructure investors and is part of the London-based Mergermarket Group.
We are ramping up our coverage of the Asian region to include India and its neighbours in South Asia. To help us expand, we are seeking a senior reporter to deepen our coverage of the key deals, politics and personalities shaping the Indian infrastructure market.
The reporter will play a key role within the growing InfraAsia reporting team. Based in Mumbai, you will break news on the financing of new and existing infrastructure projects, cover the political and economic backdrop behind infrastructure funding and produce incisive analysis of market trends.
Since our launch in late 2014, InfraAsia has built a reputation as the most trusted and accurate source of news on infrastructure markets across the region. Based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo, our experienced and driven reporters produce news bulletins, weekly analysis pieces and quarterly sector roundups of market activity.
InfraAsia’ blue-ribbon subscriber base includes some of the world’s largest developers, banks, infrastructure and pension funds and private equity.
In this dynamic role, you will:
- Report on deals involving new and existing projects in the transport, energy midstream, utilities and social infrastructure sectors.
- Report on politics and regulation for privately-funded infrastructure.
- Produce breaking news and off-diary stories for the InfraAsia bulletin.
- Write at least one incisive analysis piece per month and produce quarterly deal reports.
- Represent the InfraAsia brand at conferences and events throughout the region.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in financial journalism.
- A proven track record of sourcing original news leads and working to daily deadlines.
- Experience in a real-time online news environment.
Desirable but not essential:
- Established contact base in project finance, funds management or M&A.
To apply, email InfraAsia editor Kate Burgess at email@example.com. Please include a cover note explaining in 100 words what you could bring to the InfraAsia growth story.