Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Reporter – InfraAsia
InfraAsia is an unrivalled news platform for global infrastructure investors and is owned by the Mergermarket Group.
Having grown rapidly since our launch in late 2014, we are ramping up our coverage of North Asian markets to meet subscriber demand.
We are now seeking a reporter to deepen our coverage of the key deals, politics and personalities in Japan and South Korea.
The reporter will play a key role within the growing InfraAsia reporting team. Based in Tokyo, you will break news on the financing of new and existing infrastructure projects, cover the political and economic backdrop behind infrastructure funding and produce incisive analysis of market trends.
The InfraAsia team produces news bulletins, weekly analysis pieces and quarterly sector roundups of market activity for our subscriber base that includes developers, banks, infrastructure and pension funds and private equity.
In this dynamic role, you will:
- Report on deals involving new and existing projects in the transport, energy midstream, utilities and social infrastructure sectors.
- Report on politics and regulation for privately-funded infrastructure.
- Produce breaking news and off-diary stories for the InfraAsia bulletin.
- Write at least one incisive analysis piece per month and produce quarterly deal reports.
- Represent the InfraAsia brand at conferences and events throughout the region.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A bachelors’ degree or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in financial journalism.
- A proven track record of sourcing original news leads and working to daily deadlines.
- Experience in a real-time online news environment.
Desirable but not essential:
- Established contact base in project finance, funds management or M&A.
- Fluency in Japanese.
To apply, email Ms Mai Mizuta at Mai.Mizuta@mergermarket.com. Please include a cover note explaining in 100 words what you could bring to the InfraAsia growth story.