Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
This is an entry-level role reporting to a designated Senior Research Analyst and it may progress to the role of Research Analyst or a specialist research role.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties (not limited to)
- Maintaining a database of high risk individuals and entities from the regions of responsibility by creating and updating profiles using data-entry system. Data of interest consists of individuals and/or entities with political exposure (PEPs and their associates, state-owned enterprises, PEP-linked entities); individuals and entities reported on Sanction/Restrictive Measures/Watchlists or with negative Information other than sanctions (e.g. financial crimes, bribery and corruption).
- Daily mass media monitoring, including screening and processing relevant data published law enforcement, regulatory enforcement and financial regulatory data.
- Systematic updates (election results, cabinet reshuffle, appointments / resignation etc)
- Data processing from queues as assigned by senior research analysts or research management.
- Responsible for covering a number of countries and territories according to language skills and expertise.
- Under the guidance of research analysts (including senior researchers), the role holder is expected to provide reliable and accurate data with regards to the coverage of the jurisdictions of responsibility and design and implement effective updating plans.
- Under the supervision of research analysts, the role holder is expected to Initiate and complete basic enhanced due diligence (EDD) reports and assist and conduct side research on more complex due diligence checks on high risk individuals and entities.
- Deal with Urgent requests and client enquiries when required by Response team in a timely manner and expected standard of quality.
- Provide support on any other ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Within the post holder area of responsibilities and operations ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s guidelines, policies and processes
- Graduate – International Relation / Politics / Law / Risk Management / Business and Finance or related subjects
- Proficient knowledge of written English (Level C2)
- Working knowledge of one or more of foreign languages apart from English and mother tongue.
- Basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations, FATF Guidelines, PEPs and multilateral and unilateral Sanctions
- Good analytical and drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Good work ethics: Time keeping, Hard Working, Responsive, Accountable, Trustworthy.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to a common goal.
- Openness/willingness to take on new ad/hoc tasks as required
- Previous due diligence experience
- Work experience in research / compliance / risk management environment or financial sector
- Affinity to media and politics
- Understanding of AML/CFT Regulations, FATF Guidelines, PEPs and multilateral and unilateral Sanctions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Research and good understanding of regional politics/economic affairs
Please send a covering letter and CV with current salary details and availability to: Nidhi Sheth, Nidhi.Sheth@mergermarket.com
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.