Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
The Asian Venture Capital Journal (AVCJ)’s research division is looking to hire a full time research associate to be based in India.
AVCJ is the leading information and data provider for private equity and venture capital in Asia. Part of the product consists of a historical database of Asian private equity and venture capital (PE&VC) maintained on a daily basis by a team of analysts and deal researchers. AVCJ is part of the Mergermarket Group, UK-headquartered financial media company whose products and services provide the advisory and corporate community with actionable intelligence and data. The position will be responsible for supporting the Research team in its maintenance tasks. The role will primarily involve researching and processing information as well as offering unique opportunities to get full exposure to the Asian PE markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
- Maintaining and expanding the historical PE database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data and analysis;
- Interpreting financial data and other financial information in relation to PE transactions;
- Analyzing specific transactions to determine whether or not they meet the database inclusion criteria;
- Updating the database to ensure that deal records, company records and individual profiles are accurate and comprehensive;
- Providing support to the Hong Kong team on the research projects;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or finance;
- 1-2 years related working experience is preferred;
- Understanding of financial statements;
- Proficient in written and spoken English, other Asian languages is an advantage;
- Good computer skills (especially Excel);
- Highly numerate;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Able to work towards deadlines
Candidates of various background will be considered and attractive remuneration including generous staff benefits will be offered.
Interested parties please send the applications (including expected salary) to email@example.com.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.The Mergermarket Group is an equal opportunities employer.