Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Sales Account Manager, Asia Pacific
Debtwire, Hong Kong
The Mergermarket Group has a strong regional Asian presence, with offices in Hong Kong, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul and Mumbai. The company is headquartered in London.
Debtwire, part of the Mergermarket Group and a leading provider of intelligence and research covering the global fixed income markets, is seeking to hire a Sales Account Manager for Asia Pacific. The role will be responsible for increasing revenues though prospecting and closing for new business sales. The role will be based in Central, Hong Kong, and will report to the Head of Sales Debtwire, Asia-Pacific.
The ideal candidate will have B2B sales experience, preferably within an information product, publishing, events or advertising environment, will have a sound 2-3 year working knowledge of the Asian financial, corporate or professional services markets, and should have a general interest in business, economics and current financial and corporate events.
As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, candidates should have excellent written English and communication skills. A fluency in another Asian language would be beneficial
- Identify and deliver new revenue opportunities through direct communication in face-to-face meetings and telephone calls
- Develop proposals and sales strategies to increase company revenues
- Develop a continuous pipeline of sales leads
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Build relationships with key clients and prospects
- Manage and report all pipeline and forecast activity in a timely manner
- Liaise with product Editorial teams
- Perform other duties as required
- Track record of B2B sales, ideally in Asia Pacific markets
- Confident telesales skills to arrange high level meetings and attract new business
- Good relationship management skills; enjoys face to face meetings with clients
- Hard working and fast learning
- Knowledge and interest in financial services and corporate industries
- Tenacity, drive and initiative
- High level of presentation and sales skills
- Knowledge of the fixed income, distressed and high yield markets is a distinct advantage
Good basic commensurate with experience, plus excellent commission structure. Pension, life and health cover
Please send a covering letter and CV with current salary details and availability to: Jessie Ma; Jessie.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.