Careers opportunities with Mergermarket Group
Sales Manager – Remark
Mergermarket Group, New York, NY
Remark, the events and publishing division of The Mergermarket Group is seeking an experienced Sales / Account Manager to join the growing and highly successful US Events and publications sales team.
The role is an exciting and varied mix of report and event sponsorship sales which will involve travel throughout the Americas. Based at the New York Headquarters and reporting to the US Head of Sales, the successful candidate will be expected to sell across a range of business development solutions including flagship forums, panel discussions, industry awards and digital broadcasts as well as selling sponsorship for thought leadership reports.
Remark’s portfolio of events and publications cover a broad range of topics on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, distressed debt and leveraged finance, as well as a growing number of sector specific financial conferences in technology, energy, mining, oil and gas and real estate. Knowledge of/ experience in these areas is a significant advantage.
The role requires advanced skills in new business sales combined with an impeccable track record in account management. The candidate will be required to identify opportunities and potential new sponsors as well as selling to and managing a couple of select existing clients across the financial and advisory communities.
Entering the role with prior contacts and experience in the financial sector is a distinct benefit.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- 5 years sales experience, preferably selling to financial and professional services firms
- Highly driven, self–motivated and entrepreneurial with a “hunter” sales mentality
- Strong sales and marketing acumen
- Excellent presentational and negotiating skills
- Strong client management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of M&A and the wider financial markets
- Well organized
- Strong aptitude to construct sponsorship packages and write proposals in Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player with strong collegial demeanor
- Tenacity and resolve to see a deal through to successful delivery of each event.
- Educated to degree level or above
To apply, use this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o7yu4fwX&s=Company_Website