Global Private Equity Outlook
24 June 2014
Amid heightened competition and regulatory uncertainty, the private equity industry is exhibiting growing confidence and appetite for investment. A study jointly released today by Duff & Phelps and Shearman & Sterling LLP reveals this and other key findings in its Global Private Equity Outlook report published in association with Mergermarket.
This report reviews the different strategies employed by private equity firms to stay ahead of competition and to achieve the desired yield from their investments.
Key findings include:
- 87% of respondents expect a near-term increase in buyout activity
- Private equity respondents expect the consumer and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sectors to offer the best opportunities over the next 12 months
- New entrants are intensifying already fierce competition
- Depth and methodology of due diligence, including attention paid to new regulatory requirements, are increasing the average time to complete a transaction
- The value of cross-border buyouts are on the rise; majority of respondents plan to invest in new markets